Region V transportation services are provided to 65 school districts in Eastern Washington, including all 59 districts within NEWESD 101. Duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist districts with route surveys & schedule route evaluations upon request.
- Provide transportation information regarding persons with disabilities.
- Advise districts on rules and regulations & assist with transportation policies.
- Provide information regarding driver training.
- Review district reports and submissions to OSPI.
- Develop school bus specifications & review school bus purchases.
- Review bus inspection reports, calculate compliance, and send evaluations to districts.
- Advise districts regarding appropriate inventory systems & controls.
- Assist OSPI in development of the maintenance and administration manuals for statewide district use.
- Administer state data collection for transportation funding.
- Act as liaison in development of cooperative programs.
- Assist districts with transportation budgeting.
- Assist state transportation directors in areas such as development of state reporting and bus driver training.
Chris Jose, Regional Transportation Coordinator, Region 5
(509) 789-3558, email@example.com
Last Modified on August 29, 2016