NEWESD 101 quick facts (2016-17):
- Service area (in square miles): 14,026
- Public school districts served: 59
- State-approved private schools: 45
- Public school enrollment: 91,779
- Private school enrollment: 6,380
- Total regional enrollment: 98,159
- Counties served: 7
It is with great pride and appreciation that the team of professionals at NorthEast Washington Educational Service District 101 embraces the opportunities and responsibilities with which we are blessed. We provide a wide array of programs, services and support to 59 public school districts, 45 state-approved charter schools, and two charter schools located across seven counties (Adams, Ferry, Lincoln, Pend Oreille, Spokane, Stevens and Whitman) in northeast Washington. We are also privileged to partner in programs that serve youth in the juvenile detention system, as well as young people who need and deserve options to pursue educational completion and career competencies.
As one of Washington’s nine ESDs, we promote and support educational excellence through the provision of essential, cooperative services to schools, learning communities and valued partners. Our commitments include:
- Assisting schools and other learning communities in preparing students across our region for success in the 21st century.
- Maintaining strong, supportive and mutually beneficial relationships with districts, schools and educational partners.
- Providing quality service and value.
- Blending entrepreneurial imagination and public service spirit.
We take very seriously both our opportunities and responsibilities to help schools, districts and partners serve the most valuable resource on earth – youth. It is the nearly 100,000 students in our region, and the professionals who serve them, who are the very reason for our existence and who inspire the quality of our work. We strive, always, to lead with dignity, serve with integrity.Michael Dunn, Ed.D.Superintendentmdunn@esd101.net509-456-2715